The road to NaturBornholm
NaturBornholm is situated in the centre of Bornholm, almost,
- You go to Aakirkeby, You find the church, and then You go 300 metres along the road Grønningen,
- here You find NaturBornholm at the end of the road in a house, designed by Architect Henning Larsen,
- a house in the centre of a bare field, a house which as a "monolite" seems to be shooten out of the underground,
- a house, from which You have a fantastic view across the landscape in the south and further across the Baltic Sea.
No matter where You live and from where You come, NaturBornholm is placed "at the end of the road",
- just put pressure on: To NaturBornholm
Getting to the house, You find the scandinavic basement rocks north of NaturBornholm at the P-place in the smooth-eroded roche moutonnée Bavnet together with lots of striae and erosion channels formed by meltwatter from the Quaternarry glaciers.
NaturBornholm seems shooten out of these basement, and going along the path through the house you find a view toward the south above Klintebakken and its southernmost kap of basement rocks.
The rocks disappear at the fault, which has made NaturBornholm as an outstanding geologically locality to scientists and amateurs.